Modern slavery Policy statement
This policy sets out the organisation’s stance on modern slavery and explains how employees can identify any instances of this and where they can go for help. This statement is made pursuant to s.54 of the Modern Slavery Act 2015 and sets out the steps that KEEP SAFE & SECURE LTD has taken and is continuing to take to ensure that modern slavery or human trafficking is not taking place within our business or supply chain.
Modern slavery encompasses slavery, servitude, human trafficking and forced labour. KEEP SAFE & SECURE LTD has a zero-tolerance approach to any form of modern slavery. We are committed to acting ethically and with integrity and transparency in all business dealings and to putting effective systems and controls in place to safeguard against any form of modern slavery taking place within the business or our supply chain.
KEEP SAFE & SECURE LTD operates a supplier policy and maintains a preferred supplier list. We conduct due diligence on all suppliers before allowing them to become a preferred supplier. This due diligence includes an online search to ensure that particular organisation has never been convicted of offences relating to modern slavery [and on site audits which include a review of working conditions]. Our anti-slavery policy forms part of our contract with all suppliers and they are required to confirm that no part of their business operations contradicts this policy.
In addition to the above, as part of our contract with suppliers, we require that they confirm to us that:
- They have taken steps to eradicate modern slavery within their business.
- They hold their own suppliers to account over modern slavery.
- (For UK based suppliers) They pay their employees at least the national minimum wage/national living wage (as appropriate)
- (For international suppliers) They pay their employees any prevailing minimum wage applicable within their country of operations.
- We may terminate the contract at any time should any instances of modern slavery come to light.
Looking for a Reliable Security Company?
Whether your security requirements are long-term or temporary, you have one or multiple sites, we can tailor a solution that works for you. To take full advantage of our services, why not contact us today for a free no obligation quote and find out in more detail what we can do to keep your construction site safe.